Stephen Mackauf will serve as the Co-Chair for the American Conference Institute‘s 11th Annual Advanced Forum on Preventing, Managing and Defending Against Claims of Obstetric Malpractice held from June 27 to June 28 at the The Union League of Philadelphia. The event is the nation’s premier obstetric malpractice conference and covers the evolving standards of care, emerging theories of liability, and new defense strategies in the obstetric malpractice field. Luke M. Pittoni of Heidell, Pittoni, Murphy & Bach, LLP will be co-charing the conference.
The conference will bring together many experts in the field who will provide the most up-to-date information on complex medical issues and litigation hurdles, including:
- Emerging standards of care, including the use of hypothermia
- Perinatal asphyxia and neonatal brain injury
- Shoulder dystocia
- Claims arising from prenatal care
- Fetal monitoring and surveillance
- Placental pathology and neuroimaging and their impact on assessments of causation and timing
- Intrauterine infections and genetic disorders
Mr. Mackauf will lead a workshop titled “Trial Techniques for Every Stage of an Obstetric Malpractice Case.” He is also speaking on the topic “Shoulder Dystocia: Managing the Risks and Developing an Effective Litigation Strategy.”
For more information on the event, including how to register visit http://www.americanconference.com/2012/721/obstetric-malpractice/overview.