Our Partner Jeffrey Bloom will be a speaker at the “Mount Sinai Update: Breast Imaging Conference” to be held at The New York Academy of Medicine on October 12, 2015 . Jeff will speak from 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM and his presentation will cover the plaintiff’s attorney’s perspective on breast imaging malpractice. After the presentation Jeff will also participate on a Medico-legal Issues Panel. To register click here.
At the completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Discuss the new ACR BI-RADS 5th Edition terminology for breast imaging findings on mammography, ultrasound and MRI.
- Develop a multimodality approach to screening, staging and clinical problem solving.
- Develop a systematic approach to the assessment of findings on mammography, ultrasound, and MRI.
- Appreciate the latest technological developments in digital tomosynthesis, automated breast ultrasound and breast MRI.
- Understand the techniques and skills for performance of stereotactic, ultrasound-guided, and MRI- guided breast biopsy.
- Discuss recent screening mammography controversies.
- Reduce their risk of false negative interpretation and malpractice litigation.