School custodian suffers serious personal injury after spilling a bottle of nitric acid
A custodian burned his leg after spilling a bottle of nitric acid at Bread and Roses High School in Harlem, NYC. All students had to be evacuated but none of them were injured.
The custodian was moving bottle of chemicals from a classroom when one of them fell on the floor.
It’s not clear what a bottle of such a powerful chemical was doing in a classroom. Nitric Acid is a colorless, fuming and highly corrosive liquid that is commonly used in the chemical industry for fertilizers and explosives.
Read more in the New York Daily News