New York Personal Injury Attorneys Ben Rubinowitz (our managing partner), and Jeff Korek from Gersowitz, Libo and Korek will be co chairing the 2018 edition of the “25 Trial Issues That Keep You Up In The Middle Of The Night” Seminar. Organized by the New York State Trial Lawyers Institute for the third consecutive year, this program is an informal panel discussion encouraging audience participation for attorneys trying cases faced with the many challenges capable of keeping them up through the night.
Over two evenings, June 5 and June 12 2018 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM, the Honorable George Silver and an elite panel of trial attorneys including Elizabeth Cornacchio, David Dean, Judith Livingston, Richard Maltz, Daniel O’Tool, Deborah Scalise and Evan Torgan will discuss an array of perplexing issues that attorneys face during trial that require fast, strategic thinking.
Some of the subjects discussed will include
- Social media and ethics
- Are searches on juror’s personal information ethical?
- How to handle a potential juror who lied during voir dire
- Are searches on a witness appropriate?
- Obligation to disclose video of plaintiff harmful to her case?
- Dealing with clients providing better surveillance than the defense investigator
- Witness making a statement during investigation then denying it at trial, obligation to disclose?
- In a summation, does failing to address your adversary’s arguments mean that you have conceded the point(s) he or she made?
- Focus groups
- Unfair settlement
- Dealing with unprofessional judges
- Issues related to Opening
- Dealing with clients who are irresponsible, who have been previously convicted or who suffer from alcoholism or substance abuse
The seminar will take place at NYSTLA, 132 Nassau Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10038.
Click here to register or for more information on all topics