Our partner Stephen Mackauf and John E. Hall Jr. from Hall Booth Smith, P.C. will co chair the 12th Annual Advanced Forum of the American Conference Institute on Obstetric Malpractice Claims on June 26th-27 2013 in Philadelphia.
This two day forum is the nation’s foremost gathering of medical experts, insurance professionals, risk managers, leading plaintiff’s and defense lawyers in the field of Obstetric Malpractice. Participants will be able to attend highly specialized workshops and presentations covering the following subjects:
- The state of obstetric malpractice
- Claims arising from prenatal care
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Emerging standards of care for infants born with brain injuries and use of hypothermia
- Claims arising from shoulder dystocia
- Claims relating to fetal monitoring
- Impact of placental pathology and neuroimaging on assessments of causation and timing of injuries
- Intrauterine infections and genetic disorders
- Minimizing exposure to obstetric malpractice litigation
- Expert witness testimony
- Life care plans and life expectancy data
Mr Mackauf will speak on the topic “Shoulder Dystocia: Managing the Risks and Developing an Effective Litigation Strategy”.
Participants are also invited to register for the Post-Conference Litigation Master Class during which Mr Mackauf and Luke M. Pittoni will address “Litigation and Trial Techniques for Every Stage of an Obstetric Malpractice Case”.