4 people suffering minor personal injuries were hospitalized and 10 other residents as well as a crew of firefighters responding to a sick person were evacuated from a Bronx Building in which Carbon Monoxide was building up.
The firefighters were responding to a call for a cardiac arrest which turned out to be an asthma attack induced by the CO leak. Because carbon monoxide is invisible and odorless firefighters didn’t suspect that CO built up in the building when they arrived.
Thankfully the EMS crew arrived just after them and their CO meters started to ring. Everybody was evacuated from the building and a few residents suffering minor injuries were hospitalized.
Read more in the NY Daily News