Personal Injury News Roundup
- The duck boat wrongful death case in Philadelphia goes to trial
- The family of an Anderson, South Carolina woman who was hit by a car last fall as she tried to cross Brown Road is suing the driver of the car and her parents for wrongful death.
- The owner of the Costa Concordia cruise ship has paid more than $2 million to French survivors in a settlement.
- Catholic Healthcare West in California agreed to pay a $3.5 million medical malpractice settlement approved at a court hearing Tuesday.
- Defense and plaintiffs lawyers were shocked when the Connecticut legislature defeated a measure designed to lower the barrier to filing a medical malpractice suit.