Among all industry sectors in the U.S., construction has the highest number of fatal injuries with more than 800 construction workers dying every year. A lot of research has been done and written on construction safety and health but the challenge is to ensure that promising research findings become safer practices on construction sites.
Last month, the American Journal of Industrial Medicine devoted a special issue on Research to Practice (r2p) at The Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR) covering the following subjects:
- Using social marketing to stop construction falls
- A model partnership to control Asphalt Fumes
- Selecting research ready for dissemination
- Tech transfer in construction safety and health
- Creating a climate for ergonomic change
- Fall pevention messages for Latino workers
This special issue can be downloaded here.