Gair, Gair, Conason, Rubinowitz, Bloom, Hershenhorn, Steigman & Mackauf is a New York Plaintiff's personal injury law firm specializing in automobile accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, products liability, police misconduct and all types of New York personal injury litigation.

Articles Tagged with defective product nyc

Published on:

Defective-sign-NYCA 6 year old boy was seriously injured by a falling New York Street sign yesterday afternoon. The young boy was a tourist visiting from Argentina. He was on the sidewalk at the southeast corner of 32nd Street and Seventh Ave when a heavy street sign detached from the pole and fell on him. The boy was unconscious and transported to the hospital. According to the NYPD he woke up and he is now in serious but stable condition.

The defective sign, a large blue street sign marking West 32nd Street outside the East entrance of Penn Station fell after large gust of winds of up to 40 mph were recorded in the area. It was taken away by the NYPD.

The wind was so strong yesterday in Manhattan that it took down banners and damaged scaffolding all around the city. In the Tri-State area many trees fell down and thousands lost power.

Published on:

Hoverboard fireAnother defective hoverboard burst into flames creating a fire in a New York City home last week. According to the FDNY this is the third recent case of  a hoverboard fire in the city. Lorraine White from Staten Island paid more than $400 for a Swagway hoverboard for her son last Christmas. She knew about the risk of fire. Therefore she avoided buying a cheap knockoff and paid over $400 for a popular “Swagway” model thinking that it would be safer. It wasn’t the case.  One evening, the hoverboard started to smoke in her son’s room and then burst into flames destroying part of the bedroom. Thankfully nobody was injured. (read more in the silive)

Another boy from Staten Island suffered personal injury after he tried to clean his hoverboard during a vacation in the Poconos. 11 year old Brandon Miller was hospitalized after the middle finger of his left hand became stuck between the wheel and the base. According to the mother the device started rotating unexpectedly and sucked the boy’s finger in. The boy may risk loosing his finger due to infection and may have permanent burn scares.

Previoulsy the FDNY was also called to stop a fire caused by a defective product in Brooklyn.  (see NY Daily News)